Friday, June 17, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
My Rating:

About the book:
Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death - televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
http://www.thehungergames.co.uk/about_the_book

*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS BELOW*
 What I think:

Wow . . Where do I start . . Well I guess I’ll start with the fact that I absolutely loved this book! Ever since I read the vampire academy series I’ve been looking for something in comparison and I’ve finally found it! I read it in one day, I was obsessed and couldn’t get away from the story line. Katniss is stunning, courageous women who is also strong and independent. I loved everything about her will to survive the games. She loves her family and will do anything to save them. I really am torn between Peeta and Gale! I really love both of them and I’m torn down the middle! I think Peeta is great and treats Katniss like a queen. Sometimes I feel as though Katniss doesn’t even deserve him because of how nice he is to her. She’s kind of putting him through a lot and I feel really bad for Peeta. Gale on the other hand I picture to be handsome and strong but I don’t know what will happen between Gale and Katniss. I feel like Gale can be stubborn and not very understanding at times. There are times when I want Peeta and Katniss to be together and sometimes I feel that with Gale and her too. Its complicated and I guess I’ll have to keep reading to find out!

This book is written so brilliantly its incredible. It takes you to a another world pretty much and I have no idea how Suzanne Collins did it. I try to explain it to my friends and its just too hard to explain in words and I tell them they just have to read it! Congratulations Suzanne Collins! :)
 
Katniss Everdeen is one kick ass girl!! I give it 5 stars!!

Love,
Brittany-Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books Read

  • All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
  • Awakened by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
  • Betrayed: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast
  • Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
  • Blue Moon by Alyson Noël
  • Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
  • Burned: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast
  • Chosen: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast
  • Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
  • Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
  • Dead As a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
  • Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
  • Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
  • Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
  • Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
  • Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  • Fallen by Lauren Kate
  • Fallen from Grace by S.L. Naeole
  • From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
  • Frostbite by Richelle Mead
  • Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
  • Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
  • Marked: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
  • Shadowland by Alyson Noël
  • Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
  • Tempted: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast
  • Torment by Lauren Kate
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • Untamed: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast
  • Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

My photos from instragram!